Sunday, June 15, 2008

Off tomorrow

With less than 24 hours before I begin my journey north and then the downhill bit, a slight amount of nerves are setting in. What am I doing? Tomorrow I catch the train to Inverness and then to Wick were I get in about 3pm. From there I'll cycle to John O'Groats and then on to Thurso (35miles) for the evening before the big cycle south.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for early next week isn't looking too good and I may have to pack a wetsuit instead of the shorts. Summer must be over and we're back to cauld, dreich wither far ye git fair drookit weet (Translation for those that speak English: Cold miserable weather were you get quite wet). However, in between the rain showers I'll be taking photos and posting them to the blog where they will appear on the Flickr panel on the right hand side and hopefully everyday I'll be posting updates about the JoGLE so far.

A big thank you to everyone who has donated so far. And good luck to Nick & Co of the Jogle for Alzheimers (http://jogleforalzheimers.blogspot.com/) who set off later this week and to Regie (http://2008jogle.blogspot.com/) who sets off today.

Wish me luck and see you soon.

4 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Good luck Stu, I hope the weather turns good for you and the midges behave!

Emily said...

Good Luck :) See you in SW Scotland on Saturday. xxx

Steve said...

Best of luck Stu and hopefully see you halfway down England, If you can take the bad weather with you that will be very much appreciated.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Good luck .... fingers crossed for mild weather and for lots of nice people to cheer you along your route Cx