Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3 - Golspie to Foyers

A great days cycling. All the way down to Inverness was easy cycling. Shorts and t-shirt weather and a good drying breeze for my washing. Caught the ferry across to the Black Isle. And before anyone says I was cheating I used my GPS to check how far the distance was (0.85 miles) and added a mile on to the end of the day cycling round Foyers.
Rain came down in buckets at Inverness and it was off and on showers to Foyers.
Coming through Inverness a taxi driver decided to give me 6 inches of space while he passed at speed. When i caught up with him at the lights i reminded him of the Highway Code rule 163 but to no avail. So i called Highland Council taxi licencing department and made a complaint about him. Revenge is sweet. Though he was a complete idiot, I didnt let it spoil the rest of my day as the road to Foyers was another great cycle.
Saw 9 lejogers today. 1 was walking and 2 were on a tandem. Still havent seen any joglers.
I forgot to mention yesterday, that the sponsorship broke the £1000 mark and today it is at £1063 which is spookily the number of miles that I've estimated that the journey will take. Thanks again to everyone who has donated and for all of your encouraging comments.

Note for my fellow joglers. I cant remember if you are coming across the Kessock bridge. If so take the NCN1 (National Cycle Network Route 1) at Tore which will keep you off the dual carriage way and onto the cycle path to cross the bridge)

Golspie to Foyers
Distance: 73miles
Rolling time: 6hr 43min
Max: 32mph
Av speed: 10.6mph

JOGLE Miles: 166

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hi Stu

The road to Foyers is a great one, it is used in the Loch Ness Marathon, but going the other way. If you are going through Fort Auugustus, stop off for a pint or two at the Lock inn, great pub. The fish and chip shop up the road does some great deep fried delights..

Enjoy your ride, Steve or the Jogle tri - all packed and ready to get going