Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 5 - Lost in the Trossachs and then Hamilton

What a day! I was tanking along in the sunshine passing Crainlarich and missed the turning to Loch Lomond. It was 15 miles before I noticed. I made the decision to find another route, rather than re-trace my steps. I wished I hadn't. Instead of the nice easy flat route, I ended up with a huge climb over the Campsie Fells and a tricky route through Glasgow.
Because of the route change I wasn't able to meet up with Geoff Preston who is doing a Lejog. The hardest part of today wasnt physical, but mental. This is what most people say about this type of trip.
Today I heard that a fellow Jogler, Regie has had to pull out because of back problems. I hope your back gets better soon, so you can have another go sometime.
Today was also day one for Nick and the guys of Jogle for Alzheimers. Good luck and hope you have better weather than I've had.

Bridge of Orchy to Hamilton
Distance: 90miles
Rolling time: 8hr 19min
Max: 36mph
Av speed: 10.8mph

JOGLE Miles: 344

The UK's best range and top brands of Bikes, Clothing and Accessories

No comments: