Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 15 - Okehampton to Newquay

Scorchio! The first whole day without rain and the sun here in Newquay is very hot. After the sleepy little villages I've been staying in on this trip, Newquay is quite a shock. It is a full on party town. Though I'll be in bed by 10pm.
Cycling today was hilly this morning in Devon and was much flatter this afternoon in Cornwall. I've been wondering what the significance of 'Tre' at the begining of the place names. Maybe Iain my Cornish friend could enlighten us.
A lot of you have been leaving encouraging comments. It is hard for me to respond to each one, but I do appreciate them. Thank you.
Tomorrow is the last day. I cant believe it. It doesn't seem that long ago that I started planning this adventure, but the last 2 weeks have certainly seemed like a long time.

Okehampton to Newquay
Distance: 64miles
Rolling time: 6hr 25min
Max: 36mph
Av speed: 9.9mph

JOGLE Miles: 984

The UK's best range and top brands of Bikes, Clothing and Accessories

1 comment:

Cactusnic said...

You lucky so and so! Nice to have a sunny time in Cornwall.

Nearly there!