Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 8 - Glenlair to Hesket Newmarket

I really appreciated my day off yesterday, but I was a bit apprehensive setting off this morning as I had damaged my achilles on Saturday. I did some research and found that it was probably my foot position or seat height that caused the problem. Today I moved my seat down half an inch and removed my toe clips. That and riding on my arches has helped a lot. It was my own fault for fitting my smaller toe clips before I left on this trip.
The cycling was great today with nice sunshine. It was fairly flat all the way to Carlise and a bit of a steep climb towards the end. I deviated from my route slightly today after Longtown through the country lanes as the A7 was a bit busy.
Tonight I am staying near Hesket Newmarket and an now off to the Old Crown for some food and some of their own brewed beer.
At some point tomorrow I will pass my half way point.

Glenlair to Hesket Newmarket
Distance: 74miles
Rolling time: 6hr 30min
Max: 35mph
Av speed: 11.4mph

JOGLE Miles: 492

1 comment:

Terrible Angus said...

Stuart, well done so far, don't let the weather get you down...ooow I have just burnt my lip on my hot cup of tea...you will be on the newsletter tonight so keep pedaling. All the best from the Fergies!