Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 4 - Drookit at Bridge of Orchy

A day of hills and at least 5 types of rain. Set off from Foyers in the rain up a steep hill, followed by another steep hill and then a 5 mile hill. After the initial slow start I managed to make up time all the way down to Oinch, which was my half way point through Scotland.


While cycling up Glen Coe, I could feel I hadn't eaten enough and had a banana, 3 slices of Soreen Malt Loaf and 2 cereal bars just to get back on an even keel. The sun and a rainbow came out over Rannoch Moor and everything was great again.


Today wasn't a physical tiring day, but mentally I felt drained. With the hills, rain and the constant concentration of the A92 I feel shot. After a quick shower I went to the bar and ordered two pints of "Bitter and Twisted". The first one didn't even touch the sides. Spookily I am in the same room and the same bunk as I was 3 weeks ago when staying here. Also for the WHW crew it only takes 35mins to cycle from Kingshouse to Bridge of Orchy instead of the 5 hours that we took to walk it. Next time I'm taking the bike.

Foyers to Bridge of Orchy
Distance: 88miles
Rolling time: 8hr 10min
Max: 35mph
Av speed: 10.4mph

JOGLE Miles: 254

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was your room as smelly as last time? He He He

wattie mink said...

Ah those pints look braw Stu - Friday nicht here in Delft and the girls have arrived for a long weekend so we will have a couple of something similar to you and a wee toast to your good health and success on the road...all the best theduncanfamily