Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 13 - Stroud to Stogumber

A big thank you to Anne and Robin for putting me up and feeding me a great risotto last night especially since they have just moved in and with our virtual Skype connection it felt like Ems was there too. Raced down to Bristol on the A38 in record time despite the strong headwind. Bristol was recently named as Englands first cycling city with new funding. Bristol is certainly not the worst city I've cycled through but with the new funding I hope they sort out the huge number of cars that park in the existing cycle lanes.
Today was supposed to be my longest day so I pushed on down the A38. I made good time and at Bridgewater I had finished the backbone of England and started the last part of my journey on the foot. Took the rest of the day slowly as I knew I was nearly there and had a big climb over the Quantock hills (the first place in England to be designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). Stayed and ate at another great pub called the White Horse in Stogumber.

Stroud to Stogumber
Distance: 85miles
Rolling time: 8hr 37min
Max: 36.5mph
Av speed: 9.8mph

JOGLE Miles: 864

1 comment:

Cactusnic said...

Well done Stuart you are doing great! One of the things I have enjoyed the most during this JOGLE thing is the guilt free eating. Great isn't it!