Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 2 - Thurso to Golspie

A short climb out of Thurso in the rain, followed by a nice gentle ride along the coast. I used to live in Caithness about 17 years ago, but cant remember much about the area, but I was reminded of a particular driving practice of the Caithnessers. In front of me a car indicated right and them pulled onto the other side of the road way before his turning to allow a car to pass on the inside. Thank god I wasnt going the other way.
On reaching Melvich a headwind started and stayed with me for the next 37 miles. Was I glad when it stopped. However I did manage to dry my washing on the back of the bike. Not much to report through the flow country.
The sun came out at Helmsdale and i treated myself to an ice cream before the last push to Golspie. I have to say that the Met office forecast was wrong again. They said rain all day. But apart from the 1st hour there was nothing all day.
Saw 5 lelogers today, 4 of them on 1 bike.

Thurso to Golspie
Distance: 73miles
Rolling time: 7hr
Max: 29mph
Av speed: 10mph

JOGLE Miles: 93

The UK's best range and top brands of Bikes, Clothing and Accessories

2 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Good going mate!

Did you say 4 on 1 bike? That I would like to see!

Emily said...

I am really enjoying being able to track your movements. You are doing so well must be over 100 JOGLE miles now. xxx.