Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kit

The rest of my equipment order arrived today and I think I've now got everything except the maps. As you can see the panniers are quite small, but this was deliberate because every ounce counts. Apart from a couple pairs of cycling clothes and clothes for the evening I won't be taking much else. So each night I'll have to hand wash that days clothes.

My bike already has kevlar tyres to help prevent punctures, but I bought a couple of new tubes with green 'Slime' inside them. Apparently the slime will self repair holes up to 1/8 inch. It's amazing what new technology can do. In my day all I had was one of those little puncture repair kits and a bucket of water. I really hope I don't need to use them. Touch wood.

Another purchase was a gel seat cover. These come in various thickness and I went for the thickest at 40mm. Along with my padded cycling shorts this should cut down on the bottom ache.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember to leave some space for my presents fom each location you visit :)