Wednesday, March 26, 2008

End to End

In June I'm planning to cycle from John O'Groats to Lands End. I used go on epic cycling tours around Scotland when I was a lot younger and by chance I found a JoGLE website the other day. This, and our cycling holiday in France last year reminded me how enjoyable cycling is and it gives me a way of getting fit again and raise money for charity at the same time. The most direct route is around 860 miles in length but in reality most people cover around 1000 miles by opting for quieter more scenic roads. The world record for cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats is 41 hours. However I think I'll aim for about 100 hours over a couple of weeks. So far I've decided on the date, direction and the charity, but I've still to sort out, the route, the gear, accommodation, travel and training. So not much to do :)

I'll be trying to raise money for 'Diabetes UK'. I don't have Diabetes myself, but I know many people who do. So if feel like sponsoring me, please use this link to donate.

Please check back regularly as I'll be updating this blog as I prepare and will be taking photos on the way which I'll post from my phone each day.

No comments: