Friday, April 18, 2008

Route Planning

I've been busy planning my route with a little help from other JOGLE (or LEJOG) blogs and a book called "Land's End to John O'Groats" by Phil Horsley. I also bought an atlas from Woolies for 99p (bargain!) which I've cut up and starting tracing my route onto which I can then take with me. So far I've planned my route for the first 2 days from Wick to John O'Groats, Thurso, Helmsdale and then on to Golspie. I've also started plotting the route via Mapmyride (links on the right) to check the distance and elevation for each day and help me plan my stopping points.

2 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Hi I just found your blog. June seems to be a popular time to JOGLE. I am doing the same with some mates. We are at www.jogle.eu Good luck!

Cactusnic said...

I had not seen mapmyride before. thanks for pointing that out. It will be useful for planning our jogle too. :-) we are at www.jogle.eu